Work in Kuwait: KDLE Dentist Licensing Exam 2022
On 28-02-2022 | Read time about 6 Minutes
How can a dentist work in Kuwait?
To work in Kuwait as a dentist, you must sit and pass the Kuwait Dental Licensure Examination (KDLE) conducted by the Kuwait Ministry of Health (MOH).
Kuwait Dental Licensing Exam Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the Kuwait Dental Exam (KDLE) , you must have completed one year of the internship and have at least five years of clinical experience if you are applying as a General Dentist.
You must have also found a job/employer. The employer will help you with getting your Kuwait Dental License by following the below steps:
- The employer must submit a request to the Ministry of Health (MOH) in Kuwait
- The dentist/specialist must pass an interview
- The dentist/specialist must pass a medical check-up
- A primary approval must be obtained from the Medical/Dental License Committee
- The educational certificates and certificates of past work experience must be authenticated to request the professional license
Kuwait Dental Licensing Exam (KDLE) MOH dentist exam Application Process
- License request letter from your dental institution
- Authenticated qualifications, stating the date of issuance and the source, and the authenticated certificate of practical experience
- Copy of the civil ID
- Membership receipt in Kuwait Dental Association
- Equivalence of scientific certificates
- Copy of the nationality certificate, for Kuwaiti applicants
- Copy of the passport, for non-Kuwaiti applicants
- Four (4) personal photos
How to apply for kuwait dental licensing exam?
- The employer must visit the License Department of the Ministry of Health and submit the above documents along with the application form.
Note: For Kuwaiti applicants, the applicant in person or the applicant's employer may submit the request. For non-Kuwaiti applicants, the clinic owner, the Kuwaiti physician, or the medical institutions may submit the request
- Fill the service application form. The documents are reviewed in the department and certificates are sent to the Ministry of Higher Education for equivalency. Then, the request is presented to the specialty committee for an interview.
- After passing the interview, the Medical License Committee issues primary approval and temporary license. Non-Kuwaiti applicants must also obtain residence visa
- Pay the fees as given here
KDLE exam schedule/location
- Specialized Dental Center at Salmiya, Kuwait
- Conducted once every month
Format and content of the examination
The KDLE exam is completed in English in two parts- first a theory component, followed by a viva component to be given once you have successfully passed the theory component.
The theory component has 2 parts.
- First a written component, comprising of objective questions that should be answered in up to 5 or 6 lines. This part of the exam carries 50 marks, lasting 1 and a half hours.
- Secondly, a multiple-choice questions part of the examination lasts for 1 hours with 50 MCQ questions. The pass score is 60%.
- There is no negative marking in this examination.
KDLE exam Syllabus:
Biomedical Sciences MCQs related to:
- Dental Anatomy
- Anatomical Sciences, Biochemistry, Physiology
- Microbiology, Pharmacology and General Pathology
Dental and Clinical Sciences related to:
- Pain Control
- Management of Emergencies
- Oral Diagnosis
- Endodontics, Oral Pathology, Oral Medicine,
- Oral Radiology, Operative Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Orthodontics, Periodontics, Preventive Dentistry,
- Public Health Dentistry, Prosthodontics, and Pediatric Dentistry.
The results will be announced within 2 weeks of sitting for the KDLE.
The pass mark for the entire examination will be determined by the Board of Examiners.
Re-sit for the examination
There is no limit to the number of attempts at the KDLE. However, you are limited to 3 attempts with the same employer.
The fee for the KDLE is determined by the Ministry of Health which can be found here (opens in a new window). This fee must accompany the Application Form. Any candidate who fails to appear for the examination will forfeit the registration fee. The fee must be paid for each attempt at the examination.
Validity of the examination
The results of the KDLE are valid for five years subsequent to the date of passing the examination. If a dentist has not practiced dentistry for more than five years after passing this examination, successful completion of a new examination, under its current format, will be required for licensure.
Sample KDLE (kuwait dental licensing exam) questions
1. During repair, tissue that has undergone coagulation necrosis is removed primarily by:
- foreign body giant cells
2. The secretory product of odontoblasts is:
- um salts.
- mantle dentin.
- All of the above.
3. The escapement spaces between teeth and the interdental spaces are called:
- marginal ridges.
- contact areas.
- developmental grooves.
4. Centric relation is:
- the jaw position where the contacting surfaces of the teeth fit together.
- the rotational center of a tooth.
- A strained, unnatural jaw position.
- the relationship of an opposing cusp in the central fossa of a tooth.
- none of the above.
5. Reduction in which of the following represents the most significant advantage of using an acid-etch technique?
- Setting shrinkage of the restorative material
- Coefficient of thermal expansion of the restorative material
- Reduced porosity of the restoration
6. In an edentulous patient, when the teeth of maxillary and mandibular complete dentures are in contact coincidental with centric relation, the face height is called:
- interocclusal distance.
- physiologic rest position.
- vertical dimension of occlusion.
- free way space.
- closest speaking space.
7. Which of the following drugs is often administered intravenously to treat life-threatening ventricular arrythmias?
8. Papillary hyperplasia is MOST frequently found where?
- Hard palate
- Soft palate
- Anterior labial gingiva
- Lingual gingiva