Dental Implantology Privilege for DHA, MOH, DOH, Qatar and Saudi
On 31-03-2022 | Read time about 3 Minutes
Licensed General Dentists and Dental Specialists, except Dental Radiologists are eligible to apply for dental implantology privilege. However, certain advanced surgeries related to dental implants e.g. sinus lift surgery and advanced bone grafting should only be performed by Oral Surgeons, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and Periodontists.
Completing an approved Implantology course successfully does NOT allow dentists in UAE (Dubai, Abu Dhabi), Qatar or Saudi Arabia to practise Implantology. The healthcare professional will only be entitled to practice implantology once the privilege is added to his/her 'ACTIVE' license. If you do not have an active license, then you can find more information about getting a license here
RECOGNISED/ACCEPTED IMPLANT TRAINING COURSE
- Programme with multiple modules or an implantology programme certificate from a course that has ran over a period of not less than 12 months.
- Curriculum developed in collaboration/Affiliation with dental academic institution (courses developed by individuals will not be accepted).
- The academic institution should be approved by a regulatory body.
- If your Implantology course is from India, only AAID maxi course is recognised as of the year 2022.
Dental Implantology Privilege Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants should not be out of implant practice for the last two years at the time of application.
- Certificate of an implantology programme ran over a period of 18 months and/or 160 hours of CPD
- Logbook showing evidence of implant cases countersigned by supervisor or academic tutor - Evidence of completion of 30 implants performed on a minimum of 10 patients over a period of 18 months; under supervision of a licensed dentist/instructor in implantology.
- The course should cover placing a minimum of 30 dental implants per trainee on multiple patients with different complexities documented in a logbook countersigned by supervisor or academic tutor including
- Single (anterior and posterior, upper and lower jaws
- Multiple implants in a single jaw (unilateral and bilateral, upper and lower jaws)
- Full arch and full mouth restorations
- The surgical procedure could also include bone graft and sinus lifting (for Oral Surgeons, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and Periodontists)
- Dataflow verification for Implantology certificate applied as an Additional document under Dataflow, charged by Dataflow at AED 300.
- If outside DHA jurisdiction, any license associated with Implantology Practice will also require verification through Dataflow, charged by Dataflow at AED 300.
- Pass the Computer Based Implantology Exam
- Using Sheryan, Add/Upgrade Professional Registration along with necessary verified certificates and log book
Renewal of Implantology Privilege on an active license shall meet 40 CPD hours required per annum.
Implantology Privilege Prometric exam format for DHA exams (click here)
Recommended Reading resouces and Books
- Contemporary Implant Dentistry by Carl Misch, Latest Edition.
- Clinical Periodontology and Implant Dentistry by Nicklaus Lang and Jan Lindhe, Latest Edition.
- Immediate Loading by Tiziano Testori, Latest Edition.
- Dental Implant Complications by Stuart Froum, Latest Edition.
Gap of clinical implant practice
Dentists who have wish to obtain the licensed privilege; must fulfil the Gap of practice requirement as follows:
CME points/ credits of 40 in implantology
Implantology logbook for at least 30 cases in approved training facilities under direct supervision of a licensed Implantologists, which will be subject to DHA review and approval.
FREE PROMETRIC PRACTICE TESTS
Try out the most relevant Prometric mock test questions for Dental exams here.ENROLL NOW
PRACTICE MOCK TEST NOW
@ USD 25 Only.ENROLL NOW